Become A Member!
Acme Hose Co. No. 1 is looking for new members to fill the ranks.
When applying for membership to Acme Hose Co. #1, please consider the following points:
- The Applicant must be at least 18 years old & out of High School
- The Applicant is committing themselves to the Emergency Services to aid & assist their fellow human beings in time of need.
- If not already trained and/or certified, the Applicant will attend the entry level basic training of 200 hours of classroom and hands-on practical training within the Probationary Period of one year.
- Monday nights (except holidays and other designated dates by the Officers of the Company) are scheduled as the Departmental Training Night which begins at 7:00 PM.
- The third Monday of each month is set aside for the Regular Business Meeting which begins at 8:00 PM.
- All Probationary must maintain a minimum of 50% attendance credit for Drills, Incidents and Business Meetings.
- Any classes held at the Monroe County Public Safety Center or another Fire Department location may include weekends and/or other nights of the week besides Monday nights.
What we offer:
- Free Training And Equipment
- Access To Our Gym
- A Quiet Place To Study
- Yearly Service Awards
- Death Benefits
- Mortgages To Members In Good Standing
- The Chance To Give Back To The Community
- Free Parking Passes for East Stroudsburg University Students
When the Applicant is ready to submit the application, please make sure the following is included:
- Completed and signed application
- Copies of any current certifications or classes that have been taken
- Copy of valid Driver License
You can drop the application off at the firehouse located at 380 Chestnut St. on the corner of Lackawanna Ave. & Chestnut St.