April 25, 2019 proved to be a busy day for Acme Hose Co. No. 1. The day started at 7:25 AM with a mutual aid call to Stroud Township (St. 37) for a working residential structure fire. The fire was knocked down quickly with extensive damage to the rear two rooms on the first floor & smoke & water damage throughout the rest of the 100+ year old hose. All departments on scene ( St. 21, St. 37, St. 38 (Stroudsburg Fire Department), Stroud Area Regional Police (SARPD) & Suburban EMS (St. 18) did a great job.
Our next run at 10:18 AM was for a mutual aid call with St. 38 to an active gas leak in the street from a gas line that was struck by a construction company. UGI Gas responded & mitigated the leak.
The third run at 11:22 AM was for a possible commercial structure fire at Walmart. After investigating, it was found that a heater above one of the entrance doors was malfunctioning. Power was cut to the unit & the responding departments (St. 21, St. 38, SARPD & St. 18 EMS) cleared the scene.
Our final run for the day at 2:14 PM was for mutual aid call with St. 38 for another active gas leak about 200 feet up the road from the first one. It was struck by the construction company again digging in the road. UGI Gas again responded to mitigate the leak. All units cleared the scene shortly thereafter.
Mutual Aid Structure Fire
First Gas Leak